Hello there, loving brother or sister! Are you scratching your head, feeling puzzled on what unique, fantastic gift to get for your sister turning 17? Believe me; I know the conundrum well. It’s like trying to crack the Da Vinci code. At that delicate age of not quite a child, but not yet an adult, decoding the perfect gift can be a challenge. But don’t fret, I’m here to help with your search with 35 unique gift ideas.
Look, when I was 17, I was obsessed with bands like Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails, so I might not have been the typical teen girl. But, what I can tell you is that 17 is an exciting time of self-discovery and independence. Therefore, your gift should reflect that; it should say, “Hey, I see you becoming an adult and respect your individuality.” Also, remember “new” and “trendy” should be your mantra.
Without further ado, let’s push forward to find that one gift that will catapult you to the position of ‘Best Sibling Ever.’
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 Instant Camera: This is a hit among teens due to its trendy looks and lo-fi charm. Sure, its photos aren’t technically “high quality,” but they exude an artsy vibe your sister will love.
2. Kindle Paperwhite: If your sister loves reading, light up her world with a Kindle Paperwhite. The downside is that it may induce a temporary hermit-ism in her as she devours book after book.
3. ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama: This inspiring autobiography of the former First Lady is a great way to motivate 17-year-olds about their potential—and let’s be real, we can all use a dose of that.
4. Ipsy Subscription Box: An Ipsy subscription box filled with premium beauty products. Warning, this may provoke an abundance of selfies as she experiments with looks.
5. A Cool Backpack: The North Face Jester Backpack could be that practical-yet-cool bag she’ll like. It may not hold a semester’s worth of books, but it’s perfect for a day out with pals.
6. Women’s Classic Cortez Sneaker from Nike: Celebrate her stride towards adulthood with these trendy classics. Please note, you might be tempted to borrow them. Resist the urge!
7. Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette: A palette that complements every look. The downside? Take it from someone who had three sisters—you’ll have to deal with the “you-used-my-eyeshadows!” argument.
8. Pandora Birthstone Earrings: These stylish earrings give a personal touch. Just ensure you get the right birthstone unless you’re going for a surrealist joke.
9. Spotify Premium Subscription: Gift her uninterrupted streaming of her favorite tunes. Remember to keep your cool when she plays BTS on loop.
10. Succulent Plants: A set of succulent plants can adorn her room desk and promote a green thumb.
11. MAC Lipstick: Remember, she’s no longer young but a budding beauty. Glossy lips never go out of style.
12. Leather Journal: For a budding writer or daily journaling.
13. A Leather Jacket: An iconic wardrobe staple. Bonus points for looking like a ‘Riverdale’ character.
14. Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone: Give the gift of belting out songs in the shower or annoying neighbors.
15. Cooking Masterclass: If she has an interest in the culinary world, an online masterclass with Gordon Ramsay would turn her into a kitchen maven.
16. Avengers Endgame Poster: A must-have for a Marvel enthusiast.
17. Mobile Printer: Allow her to print directly from her smartphone.
18. DIY Mosaic Lamp: Bring out her artistic side.
19. Yoga mat: Promote wellness and balance in her life.
20. Acrylic Paint Set: To explore her artistic side.
21. Game of Thrones Boxed Set: A treat for fantasy lovers.
22. Crystal Healing Starter Kit: If she’s interested in holistic wellness.
23. Concert tickets: To her favorite pop band or artist.
24. Lush Bath Bombs: For relaxing self-care evenings.
25. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer: Rihanna’s creation for all skin tones.
26. Wreck This Journal: Cathartic, creative journaling to vent teenage angst.
27. Netflix Subscription: Yes, she might binge-watch ‘Friends’… again.
28. Hair Chalks: For freedom to experiment with hair colors.
29. Vans Old School Trainers: Classic and oh-so stylish.
30. Nail Art Set: Unleash her inner nail artist.
31. Star Projector: Her room, a personal cosmos.
32. Scratch off Map: For a budding globetrotter.
33. External battery pack: Keep her phone, and her social life, fully charged.
34. Glow in the Dark Puzzle: Ignite her puzzler obsession.
35. 17Th Birthday Time Capsule: Embellish it with items that signify her childhood to her teendom transition.
Alrighty, there you have it, 35 potential ‘hit-the-nail-on-the-head’ gifts for your 17-year-old sister. Good luck, and remember – it’s not just the gift but the thought and love behind it. Happy gift hunting!