Calling all wives and partners! Let’s talk about shopping for husbands – not always the easiest task, right? Especially when it’s his 60th birthday we’re talking about. Milestone gifts can be a hard egg to crack, but we’re here to ease your headache. That precious man of yours, who has been your rock and steady harbor through life, definitely deserves the best. Well, what do we have here? A list of 35 unique and thoughtful gift suggestions to mark his 60th rotations around the sun, that’s what!
Now if you’re thinking 35 gifts might be a little overboard, I’m right there with you! (But hey, if you have the budget, don’t let me stop ya.) This, my dear reader, is your choose-your-own-adventure of gift guides. Think of this as an insight into the minds of many husbands from all corners of the U.S. From the tech-loving night owls of Silicon Valley to the fishing aficionados from the rainy coasts of Maine. This gift list stays true to the old, wise saying – “variety is the spice of life.”
But before we dive straight into this ocean of potential presents, remember, the best gifts are those filled with love and understanding. It’s not just about buying a present, but to show him that you know his tastes just as well as you know Leslie Knope knows her waffles. So, let this be your mantra: “It’s not just the gift; it’s the thought that counts.” Now, deep breath in, deep breath out, and let’s get rolling!
1. Vintage Record Player: For the husband who appreciates the scratchy, warm sound of the good old days. Imagine him, sitting back with a glass of whiskey, spinning his favorite Rolling Stones record. Vinyl might have made a comeback but this gift’s sure to bring back the cool factor of the ’70s.
2. Leather Bound Journal: For the introspective chap who cherishes the art of pen on paper. Nothing beats a classic leather-bound journal for expressing one’s thoughts, especially when, like your hubby, he’s got 60 years of wisdom to impart.
3. Luxury Shaving Kit: He might’ve just about chucked his razor during the pandemic-induced beard phase but with a deluxe shaving kit, he’ll discover the refined pleasure of traditional wet shaving. Even Ingrown hairs might seem like a worthy sacrifice!
4. Personalized Whiskey Set: Enhance his late-night unwind ritual with a customized whiskey set. Nothing says ‘sophistication’ and ‘you’re truly a James Bond in my eyes, dear’ than a glass of fine whiskey in his own monogrammed glass.
5. Garmin Golf Watch: If he’s already tracking steps, why not track his swing? This Garmin watch isn’t just a pretty face – it provides detailed metrics to improve his golf game. Note, though, this gift risks turning him into a golf-bore, the last kind of bore any wife needs!
6. Beatles Lyrics Art: For the Sergeant Pepper in him, a piece of detailed artwork featuring lines from his favorite Beatles songs would be a spot-on gift. Just brace yourself for a seemingly endless chorus of “Here comes the sun”.
7. Custom Star Map: A map of the night sky from when you first met is a unique and romantic sentimental gift that has nothing to do with age. This could be a touching gift, particularly if he sometimes gets a little wistful about the passing of time.
8. Classic Leather Duffle: If your husband can’t resist travelling, a rugged but chic leather duffle bag would be perfect. It’s large enough to fit everything he’ll need for a romantic weekend getaway (hint, hint) or his next fishing trip with the boys.
9. Customized Cufflinks: Personalized cufflinks are a great addition to his collection. Opt for his initials, or something a bit cheeky if that suits his personality better. They’re as intimate and personable as a tuxedo can get!
10. BBQ Grill Set: Man, fire and meat; it’s a classic saga that never gets old. Set him up with a full BBQ grill set complete with everything he’ll need to mix and mingle by the grill. Warning: Side effect might include him believing he’s a pit-master and the constant ‘fun fact’ bombing about smokin’ meats.
11. Fine Art Canvas Print: A high-quality canvas print of his favorite painting could be a tasteful accent to his study or man cave. Maybe a rendition of Starry Night, or even American Gothic, if you’re feeling ironic.
12. High-End Espresso Machine: For the husband who thinks a cup of Joe in the morning is just as essential as air, a high-tech espresso machine is a must-have. He could become a borderline caffeine addict, but then, who can resist the lure of gourmet coffee at home?
13. Personalized Leather Wallet: He’s probably had his current wallet since the Reagan administration, so treating him to a new one made from real leather, personalized with his initials is a practical and personal gift he’ll use every day.
14. AeroPilates Reformer Plus: Seems silly to tie fitness with fun? Not anymore. This Pilates machine could be his ticket to better health. Be warned though, getting him to stop talking about the magic reformer could become an uphill task.
15. Arcade Game Console: Bring a gaming arcade to your home for your joystick-thrashing, pinball wizard of a husband. He might get a bit carried away, but play to his nostalgia with this fun piece of tech.
16. Decade Candy Box: Yes, husband is probably a grown man, but everyone loves a sugar rush. A box full of candies from the decade he was born is a fun and nostalgic gift. Twizzlers, Laffy Taffy and Atomic Fireballs for our 1960s men!
17. Framed Sports Memorabilia: If he’s a diehard fan, gift him a frame with photos or memorabilia from his favorite team. Just know you’re signing up for hearing the same victory stories, replayed endlessly.
18. Leather Massage Recliner: With all the years of hard work, it’s time for him to sit back and enjoy a heavenly massage at home. Be prepared to lose full usage of your living room to this chair, though.
19. Customized Dungeon and Dragons Set: For geeky husbands, an etched, custom-made D&D dice set is just right, especially if he seems to think he’s a hobbit in a human’s world.
20. Charcuterie and Cheese Gift Basket: An elegant option for the gourmand. This gift might have him running for the wine rack, but who can resist a charcuterie night?
21. Vintage Dart Board: For the competitive soul who likes to challenge his mates over beers, a retro dartboard set would be right on target. Just move your precious vases out of the way before they start playing.
22. Fitbit Charge 4: For the fitness enthusiast, this device would be his new best friend. But expect apologetic looks whenever he disrupts romantic dinners counting his calorie intake.
23. Handcrafted Chess Set: For the strategic thinker, a beautifully designed chess set never disappoints. You’ll just need to accept his newfound obsession to beat his own high score.
24. Collector’s Item Car Model: Calling out all car enthusiasts! The perfect item to celebrate his favorite model or to reminisce his first ride.
25. Custom-Made Map Puzzles: For the couple who loves a good challenge, a puzzle reflecting your favorite location on Earth offers fun and memories through hundreds of pieces.
26. The Godfather Collection: If he prides himself on being a mob movie aficionado, a remastered collection set of the Godfather trilogy would make his day. Be prepared to hear “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse,” one too many times.
27. Personalized Wine Cork Holder: A decorative space to keep all his wine corks, doubling as a conversation starter around your next party.
28. Luxury Leather Briefcase: Perfect for the businessman, with a classic and timeless design just like him.
29. Travel Hammock: For an adventurer with a love of the outdoors, this lightweight and portable hammock makes the perfect gift, assuming you’re also on board with lounging around in the woods!
30. Hydroponic Indoor Garden: For the husband with a green thumb, apartment-appropriate indoor gardening would be a hit. Just guarantee you’re okay with a perhaps overzealous gardener prattling on about pH levels!
31. Custom Guitar Pick: For the musician in him, a unique and personalized guitar pick would get his creative energy flowing.
32. Professional Poker Set: Unleash the true spirit of Las Vegas poker nights at home with friends, chips, cards and all.
33. Personalized NFL Team History Book: A complete rundown of his favorite NFL team’s history in a beautifully bound book will win the day, just be prepared to listen to facts about the 1972 Dolphins at any social gathering.
34. Ancestry DNA Kit: There’s no better way to celebrate his 60th than to delve deep into his family history! He’ll need to spit in a tube, but, what’s a little spit for a glimpse into generations past?
35. Fishing Boat Adventure: Lastly, If he loves to fish, rent a boat for the whole day and pack a hamper full of his favorite snacks. A day alone on the water could be a dream come true for the man who loves the peace and tranquility of fishing.
With these 35 thoughtful ideas, you’re ready to wow your husband on his special day. Remember, though, it’s not about showing how much you’ve spent, but showing how much you care – and you’ve got that covered in spades. Have fun shopping, and here’s to many more years of happiness with your hubby. Happy 60th to him!