in

Carlo Ancelotti gives honest answer to talk of Everton title tilt


To view this post in Night Mode(Dark Mode) Toggle On/Off Below

Carlo Ancelotti has swiftly moved to play down Everton’s chances of mounting a challenge for the Premier League title this season.

The Italian boss, who last week celebrated a year in charge at Goodison Park, has guided Everton to second place in the table.

The Toffees lie in the top four at Christmas for the first time in 16 years. That’s after Gylfi Sigurdsson’s 80th-minute strike gave them a fourth straight league win at Sheffield United.

The 1-0 victory left Ancelotti’s team on 29 points from 15 games, two behind Liverpool. The reigning champions and leaders are at home to West Brom on Sunday.

The 61-year-old has conceded that he never expected Everton to be so well placed heading into the second half of the campaign. However, he insists the only objective remains to get the club back into Europe.

Asked if Everton were in the title race, Ancelotti said: “No, I think realistically no. We’re really pleased to be second. We didn’t expect that at the start of the season but we are there and we want to stay there.

“We are really pleased to be there but I think our target doesn’t change. There is a lot of competition in the Premier League, a lot of good teams. We are happy to be second now but our target is to reach a European position and to play in Europe next season. It doesn’t change.

“I have to say that in one year we have progressed really well. We would also like to progress again next season.”

Asked if a victory against Manchester City on Monday would change his mind about Everton’s title credentials, Ancelotti replied: “It will be the same.

“We have to be honest with ourselves, we are not at the same level as this team.

“We would like to be as soon as possible at the same level and we are working for this. But if you ask me today then I have to be honest.”


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Everton chase Strasbourg defender

Everton and Wolves have been credited with an interest in Strasbourg defender Mohamed Simakan but might face competition from Milan.

Simakan, 20, has started all of Strasbourg’s 17 Ligue 1 games this season. He made his debut in July 2019 and went on to enjoy 19 league outings last term.

Mohamed Simakan

Tuttomercatoweb are reporting that Strasbourg have ‘close contacts’ with Milan regarding the player. It is said that the uncertainty over his future is starting ‘to get to’ the France Under-20 ace.

His value ranges between €15 and €20 million, with Milan thought to be negotiating on that price.

West Ham were heavily linked in the summer and appeared to have outbid Milan for the talented youngster. However, the French club’s ‘greed’ is said to have scuppered that particular deal.

However, it’s now claimed Everton could make their move for Simakan.

Read more…

Source link

Click here to leave a comment

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Written by Rohan Malip

The four basic needs of life are Food, Shelter, Clothing, and MUSIC! With a genuine love for music, Rohan Malip tries to be part of the music industry by running this site.
#CatLover #MusicLover #FunLover #LilWayneFan #SiaFan #FalzFan #JColeFan #ImagineDragonFan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *