The year is ending, and the kids are coming home. They’ve been battling through challenging assignments, making new friends, and slaying the occasional dragon (okay, maybe that’s just in their favorite fantasy novels). While they’ve been busy earning knowledge and experience points, it’s finally time to reward their hard work with the ultimate power-up: extraordinary end-of-year gifts. What do you give the bright young minds who have everything but sleep?
From the hip tech aficionado to the bookworm burrowed deep in their cozy study hole, I’ve got you covered. This gift guide boasts the cream of the crop present picks I’ve selected to make you the ultimate gift giver. Boost their spirits and inspire their futures with these 35 treasures.
1. An Amazon Echo Show 5: This handy device will make them feel like they’re living in the future. It’s like an assistant, alarm clock, and entertainment system. Sure, it might foster a slight dependency on Jeff Bezos’s empire, but hey, who’s counting?
2. Mini Retro Arcade Machine: For the gamer in your family. It’s old school cool meets new school tech – yes, it has over 200 preinstalled games! A tad addictive, though.
3. Peet’s Coffee Subscription: For the caffeine addicts. This will ensure a fresh monthly stash of their favorite grind. Though it could keep them buzzing during those late-night cram sessions.
4. Noise-canceling headphones: Ideal for students who need increased concentration. One minor downside? You might have to mime or text to get their attention.
5. Apple iPad Pro: This tech gem might be a little on the expensive side, but it’s a game-changer. Just hope they use it more for studying than for watching Netflix.
6. NutriBullet Blender: Encourage healthy snacks and shakes. Just be prepared for a few experimental (read: “not so tasty”) recipes.
7. Kindle Paperwhite: Compact, and comes with a built-in light for night owls who stay up late devouring books. Might irk those hardcore paperback fanatics.
8. Moleskine Smart Writing Set: It digitizes their notes instantly. That is if they can stop doodling and start taking notes.
9. Polaroid Originals Instant Film Camera: It’s old school charm, and instant gratification rolled into one. Just prepare them for the cost of film refills.
10. Scratch-Off Travel Map: A fun, interactive way to mark their adventures. You might just struggle with their growing wanderlust in return.
11. ‘Game of Thrones’ Monopoly: A family game with a cool pop culture twist. Warning: intense rivalry may ensue.
12. PopSockets: So they’ll stop dropping their phones on their faces while lying in bed. They’ll have no excuses for cracked screens now!
13. An Adult Coloring Book: It’s artsy, it’s therapeutic. But it may be a bit too “New Age” for some.
14. A Portable Charger: Power to the people (and their tech)! Let’s just hope that this doesn’t make them screen zombies.
15. Fitbit Inspire HR: To keep track of their daily activity and sleep. But it might also guilt them for lack of exercise on lazy lounging days.
16. Thug Kitchen Cook Book: Fun, foul-mouthed, and absolutely delicious. A few sensitive souls may find the language bold.
17. Customizable Hydroflask Stickers: A chic and eco-friendly option. Though, they might overdo the sticker game.
18. Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager: For the tense and stressed. But they might become a bit too attached to this comfort device.
19. The Office Lego Set: Their very own Scranton branch. Be prepared to hear “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica” often.
20. Netflix Gift Card: Funds their binge-watching habit. Of course, there’s always the concern that Friends may be their new besties.
21. Personalized Name Earrings: It’s stylish, it’s chic, but some may find it a bit narcissistic.
22. Waterproof Bluetooth Shower Speaker: Because everyone’s a shower superstar! Unless their singing range is limited.
23. Blue Apron Subscription: Brings out their MasterChef. If they can manage not to set the kitchen on fire.
24. “Wreck this Journal” book: For the creatively chaotic. Though, some neat freaks may have a hard time wrecking it.
25. Personal Humidifier: For the purity of the air! But they’d better keep it clean or it’ll be a bacteria’s paradise.
26. Sunrise Alarm Clock: Wakes them gently like a dawn. An annoyingly beautiful dawn, if they’re not morning persons.
27. DNA Ancestry Kit: A journey into their roots. Assuming they’re prepared for any surprises.
28. Fujifilm Smartphone Printer: Prints directly from their smartphones. They may get too print-happy though.
29. Herschel Supply Co. Backpack: Stylish and comfortable. But remember, it’s not a magical bag of holding.
30. Oculus Quest VR headset: Welcome to the future of gaming. Side effects might include disorientation and lost tracks of time.
31. Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2: An excellent portable speaker. Except the party may follow them everywhere.
32. DACOM Athlete Bluetooth Earphones: Wireless freedom for gym junkies. They can’t disentangle their headphones as an excuse anymore.
33. Meditation Cushion Set: A cozy spot for Zen. Unless they mistake it for a nap time pillow.
34. Personalized Night Sky Star Map: It’s romantic, it’s spacey, and a real conversation starter. Just don’t expect it to predict fortunes.
35. PhoneSoap Smartphone UV Sanitizer: Kills pesky germs. But, it won’t cure their screen-addiction.
Gift giving is an art and a science, and the best gifts always manage to strike that balance between practicality and personality. Whatever you choose from this list, just remember: it’s not about the price or the size of the gift, but the thought that counts. After all, your student has worked incredibly hard this year, they deserve to have a bit of fun.