in

Ex-Man Utd man ‘on the right track’ after explosive start in Portugal

Angel Gomes TEAMtalk


To view this post in Night Mode(Dark Mode) Toggle On/Off Below

Date published: Wednesday 4th November 2020 9:31

Former Manchester United midfielder Angel Gomes is now “on the right track” after leaving Old Trafford in the summer.

Gomes signed a contract with Lille until 2025 and was immediately loaned to Boavista in Portugal.

The 20-year-old came through the academy at Old Trafford and became the youngest player since Duncan Edwards to feature for the first team in May 2017, aged just 16.

The attacking midfielder left Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad when his contract expired this summer, having been at United since the age of six.

Gomes, who had been with United since the age of six, made just 10 senior appearances since his debut three years ago.

But he has quickly found his feet in Porto andmade three assists in his first game there. He then scored against Moreirense, and then scored a goal and grabbed an assist in the 3-0 win over Benfica.

Sport Witness claim he is “one of the most hyped players in the Portuguese league” and his father Gil Gomes was interviewed by TSF.

“He accepted the challenge of Luís Campos to sign with Lille and relaunch his career at Boavista on loan from the French club, and now he is on the right track, he still has a lot to show,” Gomes told TSF.

 

 

“Angel managed to show a path to the future by being one of the youngest to make his debut for Manchester United when the coach was Jose Mourinho, and that also helped him a lot.”

Chelsea rejected Gomes talk

Gomes was offered a renewal at Old Trafford, but the youngster decided to try his luck elsewhere.

Speaking back in June, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “You can ask Angel why he’s not signed.

“I don’t know what the talks are behind the scenes. Angel’s a top kid.

“Of course, there are people around him that advise him to do different things. If he doesn’t sign, all the best to Angel and I’m going to follow his career. If he signs for us, let’s kick on.

Asked if Chelsea have made a bid for Gomes, Lampard said: “Yes, I can elaborate to the point that it’s never been mentioned at my end; so that’s it.”

And, when pressed on any interest, Lampard added: “No.”

READ MORE: Schmeichel highlights familiar failing with Solskjaer’s Man Utd

Source link

Click here to leave a comment

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Spread the love
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    2
    Shares
  •  
    2
    Shares
  • 2
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Written by Rohan Malip

The four basic needs of life are Food, Shelter, Clothing, and MUSIC! With a genuine love for music, Rohan Malip tries to be part of the music industry by running this site.
#CatLover #MusicLover #FunLover #LilWayneFan #SiaFan #FalzFan #JColeFan #ImagineDragonFan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *