They say ain’t no sunshine when ‘she’ is gone. Well, depending on the circumstances of the divorce, some sunshine might just be picking through for our newly single hombre. After all, rebirth often follows the storm, doesn’t it? This birthday represents the first chapter of his exciting new journey – a voyage of self-discovery, the thrill of newfound freedom, or maybe just relishing some good-old ‘me’ time. So, we have to celebrate it with a hell of a gift.
Imagine George Clooney smile as he unwraps your gift, feeling appreciated, comforted, and maybe even a bit challenged to step out of his comfort zone. OK, your newly-divorced friend is not Clooney, but you get the drift. It’s time to celebrate his ‘Up in the Air’ moment after all.
We get it. It can be tricky picking birthday gifts for a newly divorced man. You don’t want to appear insensitive or remind him of negative memories. So, forget ‘Goodbye My Lover’ kind of tones or the oh-so-cliche break-up survival kits; instead, take a peak into our list of 35 thoughtfully chosen gift ideas that center on celebrating his new chapter.
1. Single Man’s Cookbook: Encourage him to embrace his newfound independence while enjoying the simple pleasure of cooking good food. Celebrity Chef Bobby Flay’s “Boy Meets Grill” cookbook with its easy-to-follow recipes can be the perfect partner for his culinary adventures.
2. Home Bartending Kit: Now that he’s got the kitchen, why not spice up the home bar too? A Bartesian Premium Cocktail Machine or a complete cocktail making kit can indeed turn those lonely nights into lively ones.
3. Travel Voucher: How about nudging him to explore new places alone or with company? Southwest Airline gift cards or a Topdeck travel voucher can get him enough push to pack those bags.
4. Whiskey Decanter Set: A classy men’s birthday gift, an engraved whiskey decanter set can make a stylish addition to his bachelor pad while adding a bit of Mad Men’s Don Draper aesthetic.
5. Subscription Box: Subscription boxes can feel like Christmas every month. Services like ‘Birchbox Man’ or ‘Loot Crate’ appeal to different interests and will keep him looking forward to the mailman’s drop-off.
6. Gym Membership: Or, how about a gym membership to stay fit and meet new people? A one-year premium membership to his local gym could just be the encouragement he needs to take some time for self-care.
7. Divorce Care Package: A well-curated “Divorce Care Package” filled with self-help books, comic relief, and comfort treats can help him navigate through the emotional rollercoaster.
8. Meditation App Subscription: The mind-calming benefits of Meditation can help him heal. Gift him a year’s subscription to apps like Calm or Headspace.
9. Portable BBQ Grill: He may be single, but he doesn’t have to eat alone. A portable BBQ grill can host amiable backyard cookouts or tailgating events.
10. Concert Tickets: It can lift his spirit like nothing else. Whether he’s into Def Leppard’s hardcore or BTS, there’s a concert for everyone.
11. Virtual Reality System: Fun and futuristic, a VR system like Oculus Rift can make his free time exhilarating.
12. Spa Voucher: A real man could use some pampering too. An all-inclusive spa package can ease those recent piles of stress.
13. Online Courses: The perfect inspiration to pick up a new hobby or skill. Sites like Coursera or MasterClass offer hundreds of courses from photography to baking.
14. Personal Style Guide: Gift him a revamp with a personal style guide from a pro-stylist. He’ll be thankful when he’s turning heads at his next singles mixer!
15. Kindle Paperwhite: For the bookworm, Amazon’s Kindle Paperwhite loaded with bestselling novels will definitely occupy his time.
16. Coffee Espresso Maker: Acquaint him with the art of coffee-making! The De’Longhi Dedica Espresso Maker is both classy and practical.
17. Apple AirPods Pro: High-quality sound and a tech-chic design make these earphones the coolest gift. Plus, noise cancellation can help tune out the world when he needs it.
18. Master-built Electric Smoker: A great gift for a dude who likes to dabble, a master smoker can take his BBQ parties to the next level.
19. Beer Brewing Kit: Know a man who loves his beer? Beginners brewing kits can spark a new passion while potentially creating some delicious brews.
20. Artisan Chocolate Box: Quality chocolates from brands known for unconventional flavors like Vosges can be both a comfort and a surprise.
21. Personalized Cufflinks: A pair of custom cufflinks adds a personal touch and can be the gem of his wardrobe on special occasions.
22. Last-minute Cruise Ticket: An unexpected trip allows for that much-needed break and perhaps a chance to find Cruise-ship romance.
23. Bonsai Tree: Taking care of something can be therapeutic. Plus, they make a great interior décor item.
24. New York Times Custom Birthday Book: A touch of nostalgia with stories from his birthday over the years.
25. Crafted Beer Glass Set: To enjoy his homemade brews, get him a set of uniquely designed beer glasses.
26. Personalized Vinyl Record: Custom vinyl records with his favorite songs can be a big hit for a music lover.
27. Yoga Mat: A push towards mindfulness and fitness packed into one.
28. Housecleaning Service: A practical and comforting gesture, especially during the initial days of living alone.
29. Automated Robotic Vacuum: A little assistance in keeping the bachelor pad clean never hurts.
30. Netflix Subscription: Everyone loves a day of binge-watching their favorite Netflix shows uninterrupted.
31. Helicopter Flying Lesson: For a real adrenaline booster, introduce him to the sky with flying lessons.
32. Wine Club Membership: Allow him to experience new wines every month. It’s also an excellent conversation starter.
33. Wall Street Journal Subscription: Keep him well-informed and occupied with the latest news and market trends.
34. Personalized BBQ Apron: Makes cooking more enjoyable while protecting his favorite outfits.
35. Virtual assistant: A Google Home or Amazon Echo can simplify his life and keep him company during the quiet times.
There you have it, a smorgasbord of gift ideas from the practical to the profoundly personal. After all, who knows what new interests he might uncover, what expressions of his personality are waiting to be explored, and above all, the new man he will become post-divorce. It’s his life’s new season premiere. Let’s make it kick-ass! So, channel your inner Santa, pick a gift and let our dude know he’s got a friend in you. Now, who’s up for some margaritas? Cheers!