Remember when your biggest worry at 12 was avoiding vegetables and scoring the latest action figures? Well, in the current world where tweens are more tech-savvy than their folks, shopping for 12-year-old boys can be a bit difficult, just like navigating the grocery store aisles. Thankfully, I’m here. A gift guru seasoned in the art of knowing exactly what a 12-year-old boy would want.
So let’s embark on this virtual journey through gift land. It’s a place where imagination roams free – from brain-boggling puzzles to sports gear, educational toys to high-tech gadgets. Let’s dive right in!
P.S: If you’re a parent or a distant aunt, double brownie points for you if you already know the difference between Fortnite and Roblox. If not, no worries. I’ve got you covered.
1. **Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon**: Because any growing boy should have the chance to construct the iconic (and fully operable) spaceship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.
2. **Nintendo Switch**: It’s the holy grail of gaming, mobile, and time consumption. Possibly not great for kids with a homework habit, but undoubtedly fun for Super Smash Bros enthusiasts
3. **Anki Cozmo**: An awesome little robot complete with coding challenges. He’ll have a new buddy and you have a distraction off Fortnite. Win-win.
4. **Razor A5 Lux Scooter**: For the adventurous outdoorsy tween, this scooter will give ’em the freedom to explore the neighborhood. Possibly, cause you a few mini heart attacks, but hey, you once rode bikes without a helmet, right?
5. **Guinness World Records 2021**: This book will act as a treasure trove for trivia night and inspire the young mind to dream big. If we’re honest, it’ll probably cause the odd shiver thinking about the world’s largest spider too!
6. **GlowCity LED Basketball**: Dunk, dribble and dazzle at night! This basketball glows in the dark and is sure to turn some heads. And possibly create a UFO sighting hysteria.
7. **Hands-Free Mini Drone**: This easy-to-use drone will have them giggling and chasing around the house. Given its hands-free, there’s limited chance of it ending up in your neighbor’s yard, unless you’ve got a wannabe Harry Potter.
8. **Roblox Gift Card**: If you have to ask what this is, you’re in the right place. Just know this tiny piece of plastic will grant you the ‘coolest grown-up’ title.
9. **Minecraft LEGO Set**: Because combining the two greatest inventions in kids’ entertainment since sliced bread is genius.
10. **National Geographic Rock Tumbler Kit**: A fun and educational gift that might just spark the next Indiana Jones.
11. **Science Experiment Kit**: Nurture the Elon Musk in him. Let’s just hope he doesn’t build a rocket in your backyard.
12. **The Percy Jackson Book Series**: For the young literati, immerse him in a world of Greek mythology and modern teenage angst.
13. **Gosky High Definition Monocular Telescope**: Perfect for the little bird watcher or celestial observer. Bonus points if you can tell him what the Big Dipper looks like.
14. **Art 101 Kids 179-Piece Double Sided Trifold Easel Art Set**: If your kid shows a Picasso-like potential, this is an ideal kit. Just remember to keep him far from any costly wallpaper.
15. **Ripstik Caster Board**: Remember skateboarding? Well, this is nothing like that, but he’ll have a blast mastering the art.
16. **Doinkit Darts Set**: This magnetic dart set will bring out his competitive spirit without damaging your walls. It’s a win-win.
17. **Nerf N-Strike Elite Disruptor Blaster**: With a six-dart capacity, this is perfect for the little ‘action figure’. Just cross your fingers you’re not the target practice.
18. **The Young Chef’s Cookbook**: For the budding Gordon Ramsay. And maybe you get breakfast in bed in return?
19. **Kidirace Rc Bumper Cars**: A pair of remote control bumper cars for endless fun and sibling rivalry.
20. **Alesis Compact Kit 4**: An electronic drum kit to cultivate a future Ringo Starr. Just have earplugs handy.
21. **Harry Potter Wizard Chess Set**: Immortalize their love for ‘the boy who lived’ by giving them their own chess battle.
22. **DJI Tello Quadcopter**: A miniature drone that’s easy to handle for even the most novice flyer. And by ‘novice flyer,’ I mean ‘parent.’
23. **Maisto Rock Crawler**: Along with being a fun toy, this also gives your young’un a mini lesson in physics.
24. **Bloxels**: A game developing kit where they can create their own video game levels. Who knows? You may have a future EA employee on your hands.
25. **Lego Mindstorms Ev3**: Let their robotics imaginations run wild with the ultimate LEGO robot creating experience.
26. **The Maze Runner Series**: Adventure, survival, dystopian future – everything 12-year-olds (and some adults) love.
27. **Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game**: For teenage wizards without a Hogwarts letter.
28. **Nerf Sports Vortex Aero Howler**: A sports toy that gives a satisfying, ‘whoosh.’ Good for your tween’s arm throwing arm; bad if they throw like Peyton Manning and you have breakables.
29. **Tomy Screwball Scramble Game**: a classic tabletop game that puts their agility and patience to the test.
30. **Barrington Foosball Table**: Table soccer, anyone? An addition to the game room or entertainment area that everyone can enjoy.
31. **Exploding Kittens Card Game**: This absurdly hilarious game is a Mexico standoff with kittens, tacocats, and goat wizards… Yeah, I have no idea either, but the kiddos seem to enjoy!
32. **Amazon Echo Dot (Kids Edition)**: Listen to music, ask questions, watch videos. And no, it won’t do homework.
33. **Scientific Explorer Mind Blowing Science Kit**: A 20 piece starter’s chemistry set for a young Walter White… helping kids stay interested in science? Awesome! Plus, no meth involved.
34. **Marvel Avengers VR Set**: Let them become a super hero in virtual reality. 12-year-old me would faint from joy… and motion sickness.
35. **Lego Technic Bugatti Chiron**: A Bugatti they can afford… and build themselves!
Now that we have a list, remember, boys at age 12 are at a magical age where the world is their oyster. They can play with toys, be imaginative, start a rock collection, or delve into the world of literature. Whatever you pick, know that it isn’t so much the gift, but the thought that counts. Plus, being the ‘cool grown-up’ isn’t half bad. Happy gift hunting!