It seems like just yesterday your favorite four-year-old girl was three! Now she’s a full-fledged preschooler, with a curiosity to challenge the most seasoned Jeopardy champion, and an imagination so vivid, it makes Steven Spielberg look like an amateur. Oh, the “why’s” and “how come’s” that fill your day, along with your wee one’s insistence on dressing herself with the most color-clashing outfits known to humankind. Gone are the terrible twos and the threenager stages. Now, the fabulous fours are here, strutted in with all the drama and flair of a Broadway musical!
When her birthday or the holidays roll around, you’re thrust into the daunting task of finding the perfect gift. One that’s both fun and educational, inspiring, yet appropriate. And let’s not kid ourselves, one that won’t drive you bananas during family time. Trust me, I’ve been on a ‘Frozen’ sing-along of “Let It Go” for months now…it’s not as fun as it sounds. Now, while I can’t assure you that the songs of ‘Frozen’ won’t sneak into some of these gifts, I can guarantee you 35 fantastic suggestions to consider for that favorite four-year-old girl in your life!
1. **Barbie Dreamhouse:** Grand as a mansion and pink as a cotton candy, the Barbie Dreamhouse is every little fashionista’s dream come true. It’s certainly not perfect at maintaining quiet time, but the imaginative play it sparks is priceless.
2. **LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart:** This interactive cart will have your youngster scooping up fun while learning about colors, numbers, and sequencing. Maybe she’ll share some pretend Rocky Road with you…or not.
3. **KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen:** Pint-sized gourmet chefs can cook up some make-believe meals in this realistic kitchen. Fair warning, the plastic veggies are sadly not very tasty.
4. **Disney Princess Dress Up Trunk:** Perfect for the little girl who’s having an identity crisis between being Cinderella or Ariel. The dresses aren’t exactly Oscar de la Renta, but to her, they might as well be.
5. **Melissa & Doug Deluxe Puppet Theater:** Let their storyteller side run wild with this fun, sturdy puppet theater. Just prepare yourself for endless renditions of Little Red Riding Hood.
6. **Crayola Inspiration Art Case:** Watercolors, crayons, colored pencils, oh my! This stocked case is an artist’s dream. Just keep it away from the walls…unless you’re thinking of renovating.
7. **Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper:** Ideal for the active girl looking to burn off some energy. Just be sure to hide all the breakable valuables first.
8. **VTech Kidizoom Camera:** For your budding photographer, this Kidizoom Camera encourages creativity and takes pictures clearer than your old Polaroid!
9. **Green Toys Tea Set:** Eco-friendly and great for pretend play. Just remember, imaginary tea tastes a lot like…well, imagination.
10. **Little People Big Helpers Home:** This playset helps teach responsibility and empathy in a very playful way. But, no, the toy figures can’t actually help with the dishes.
11. **Fairy Tale High Cinderella Doll:** For the girl who dreams of enchanted balls and talking mice. Also, the perfect companion for those long car rides…silently, of course.
12. **Fisher-Price Doodle Pro:** An inventive-fun way to doodle without wasting paper. Also, a saving grace for parents averse to wall art.
13. **Little Cosmetics Pretend Makeup Signature Set:** It doesn’t actually apply makeup, which saves your own cosmetics (and your carpet) from preschool ‘makeovers.’
14. **Magna-Tiles Clear Colors:** These promote educational play and creativity. And unlike a house of cards, they don’t tumble at a gust of wind.
15. **A personalized storybook:** Nothing gets a kid more excited than seeing her own name in a story! Though she’ll demand you read it to her…50 times a day.
(continued in comments for remaining 20)