I never knew the joy of “downward dog” or the peace that Priyana’s Pose could bring until my friend Amelia dragged me – literally, by the back of my new and very un-stretched lululemon yoga shirt, to my first ever yoga class. The experience was definitely something else, like trying to balance your checkbook while floating in mid-air. Yet, I was hooked. If you’re reading this, you probably know this feeling all too well or, perhaps, have a loved one who’s taken the yoga plunge, as wildly (and bendy) as yours truly. That’s why you’re here at my gift guide for yoga lovers.
Nothing shows support for a person’s passion, or the tender way they hold their body in a Tree Pose, like a thoughtful gift that caters to their interests. It tells them you appreciate their discipline, their dedication, and their tight yoga pants. As Robin Williams said, “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s Party!” In this case, let’s party by delighting that yoga fanatic in your life—even if that’s you. After all, who doesn’t love a little touch of Namaste?
From novice yogis to professional pretzel twisters, this handpicked list of 35 yoga-inspired gifts are guaranteed to bring smiles as wide as their Warrior III pose. Ready? Grab hold of your mats, breathe deeply, and let us unfurl the scroll to reveal yoga treasures aplenty.
1. Liforme Original Yoga Mat: This environmentally friendly yoga mat is perfect for eco-conscious yogis. Its extra cushioning provides much-needed comfort during those prolonged pigeon poses. However, it can be a tad heavy for on-the-go yogis.
2. Yoga Cards by WorkoutLabs: Perfect for beginners, these flashcards display different poses with detailed explanations. One downside? They might be too basic for experienced yogis.
3. Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block: This yoga block is sturdy and environment-friendly, though a bit pricier than your average foam block. Still, worth the extra splurge for its superior comfort and style.
4. Tranquil Yogi Lotus Meditation Cushion: Great for enhancing meditative practices with its aesthetic appeal and comfortable design although beware, it might spark a zen-off with your yoga competitors.
5. Zafu Crescent Meditation Pillow: An excellent gift for those lengthy meditation sessions, it provides extraordinary comfort. However, it can be quite bulky.
6. URBNFit Exercise Yoga Ball: This versatile health ball benefits many yoga poses but may distract the ‘traditional yoga’ fans due to its gym-like feel.
7. The Yoga Bible by Christina Brown: A must-have for any yogi, but beware! It might make your yogi friend start speaking “Sanskrit”.
8. Sivan 6-Piece Yoga Set: It provides all the essentials for a yoga newbie, but pros may find the quality of the products a bit underwhelming.
9. Himalayan Rose Quartz Yoni Eggs: Promotes wellness and feminine empowerment but remember to remind the recipient about its importance of hygienic usage.
10. ToeSox Women’s Bellarina Full Toe Grip Non-Slip: These cozy socks are ideal for keeping feet warm during chilly yoga sessions but can look slightly odd.
11. Gaiam Yoga Wheel: This sturdy wheel helps stretch and release tension but might seem intimidating to yoga rookies.
12. Nomadic State of Mind JC Sandal: Yoga-themed sandals for the yogi’s casual day out – just needs a sunny day to show them off.
13. SouvNear Handmade Tea Light Candle Holders: Adds a calming presence to any room, though its design won’t suit everyone’s taste.
14. Fitbit Charge 3: A fitness watch that can help in tracking yoga sessions, but it can be a pricey gift.
15. Mixologist World-Chilled Yoga Towel: Super absorbent and perfect for hot yoga classes but doesn’t really come cheap.
16. Day Design ‘Yoga’ Planner: Perfect for organizing those busy yoga schedules, but it’s a bit on the bulkier side.
17. Champi Adjustable Yoga Strap: Aids in safely attaining correct postures, though people with larger builds may need a longer strap.
18. Breathe Band Bracelet: A charming inspiration gift, but it may not fit well on smaller wrists.
19. Apana Yoga Wheel: It provides deeper stretches and better balance but can be tough for beginners to use.
20. Prana Raja Yoga Strap: This strap helps to deepen stretches but its texture might be a bit rough for some.
21. Alo Yoga Ladies’ High-Waist Moto Leggings: These yoga leggings are trendy and comfortable. But consider your recipient’s taste since they are a bit flashier than other options.
22. Gift Republic Yoga Cats Card Deck: A hilarious gift for your cat-loving yogi. Note: May cause uncontrollable bouts of laughter during yoga.
23. The Yoga Kitchen Rachel Scott: A book filled with delicious and healthy recipes. But it might be too niche for those used to takeaway.
24. Yoga Dice: A gift to shake up a yogi’s routine but remember, the dice can make the simplest routine as tough as a pretzel.
25. “Buddha Bowls” Cookbook by Kelli Foster: Perfect for the yogi who loves to cook. While healthy, these recipes aren’t always low-cal.
26. Clever Yoga Balance Pads: Perfect for stability training, these pads have the right size and comfort. Just be careful not to trip over.
27. Sound Oasis Advanced Sleep Sound Therapy System: Ideal for guided meditation, but it can be a bit difficult to operate for tech newbies.
28. Cosmic Yogi Pendant: It adds a touch of flair to any outfit, but it may not be suitable for heavy-duty yoga sessions.
29. Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop: Not technically a yoga gift, but perfect for emotional and mental cleansing. Swearing ahead, though!
30. Mudita Malas Handmade Mala Beads: Can be worn as a necklace, or used for chanted mantras. Not for those with bead-phobia.
31. Gaia TV Subscription: Endless yoga and wellness videos, but requires a good internet connection.
32. “Radiate: Using the Practices and Principles of Yoga to Create Your Best Life” by Elena Brower: A great read, but might be too philosophical for some.
33. BalanceFrom GoYoga All-Purpose 1/2-Inch Extra Thick: Affordable with nice cushioning, but it’s a tad slippery.
34. Fire and Earth Incense Set: Ideal for modulation of the yoga atmosphere. Some noses may not appreciate the aroma, though.
35. Backslash Fit Self-Rolling Smart Yoga Mat: Rolls up by itself and easy to carry! Warning: May cause habits of laziness.
There you have it, fellow yogis, 35 treasures that align like stars in a yogi’s sky. Happy picking, giving, or self-indulging, and may the zen be with you!