Date published: Tuesday 10th November 2020 5:00
Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has parted company with agent Mino Raiola after just 10 months, claims a report.
ESPN say that Lingard and Raiola have gone their separate ways and the 27-year-old will now solely be represented by family members and close associates.
Lingard linked up with Raiola, who represents Paul Pogba, last January prompting talk of a move for the player.
According to the Daily Mail, the news at the time was not well received by the club’s hierarchy.
United have a difficult relationship with Raiola, the man that legendary Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson famously labelled a ‘s***bag’ back in 2017.
Lingard and Raiola have parted “on good terms” with the player and his team.
What that means for the future of the Warrington-born midfielder remains to be seen. He is out of contract next summer, but unlike in Pogba’s situation the club have yet to exercise their contract option.
United have a 12-month option on Lingard’s deal until 2022, but so far have not triggered that.
Lingard’s absence this season – the midfielder making just two appearances in the EFL Cup – has been mysterious.
Lingard ‘open’ to to new deal
It’s unclear why he missed out against Newcastle and PSG last month, but he was referred to as unavailable against Chelsea.
He is believed to have picked up a hip problem and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Jesse won’t be available so we’ll manage without them for a few weeks I think.”
Lingard is still missing, having not featured for Solskjaer’s team since the 3-0 win over Brighton in the Carabao Cup in September.
Reports emerged over the summer that Solskjaer deemed Lingard surplus to requirements.
Raiola was said to be working on a deal to take the player to AC Milan, while Spurs and Porto were also interested.
The report claims the club are keen to keep hold of Lingard and do not want to lose him for free. While the player is also “open” to staying with the club he joined as a seven year old.