Well, hello there, gift-seeker! Let’s cut right to the chase. Your sister, friend, wife, (or maybe a special someone you just really, really like?) is pregnant, and her birthday is looming in the calendar. What do you do? Freak out? Beg for help? Well, wave off the panic and dial down the despair because you’ve stumbled onto the right corner of the internet.
We’ve rounded up 35 simple yet elegant, fun yet practical birthday gift ideas for the pregnant mamma-to-be. We’re going above and beyond the usual diapy-doo diaper cakes, and stepping into the world of thoughtful gifts that would make any expectant mother feel loved, appreciated, and well…extra pregnant! (Is that a thing? Let’s make it a thing.)
Take my hand as we journey through the jungle of onesies and the wrestling ring of baby blankets, to find the perfect birthday present for that lovely mom-to-be who’s got a bun in her oven. Just a heads up, the ride might get bumpy (baby bumps pun unintended)!
1. Pregnancy Pillows: In the late nights of the pregnancy, when momma can’t get comfortable because of all that extra “baby ballast”, a pregnancy pillow becomes nothing short of a life-saver. Opt for the C-shaped or U-shaped ones because whichever alphabet it is, comfort is a guarantee!
2. Prenatal Massage Certificate: Loosening up those tensed muscles with a prenatal massage could be the perfect stress-reliever she needs. Check a nearby spa or wellness center that offers this service and book an appointment for her. That’s one less thing she has to worry about!
3. Maternity Photoshoot: Capture the beauty of her pregnancy with a professional maternity photoshoot. It seems like a splurge but that radiant look pregnant mommas-to-be have? That’s called ‘might as well glow while I grow! And it deserves a snap (or ten)!
4. Baby Heartbeat Monitor: Find her a portable fetal doppler, so she can hear the sweet pitter-patter of the little one growing inside her.
5. Non-Alcoholic Wine: Missing the wine nights? Worry no more! Non-alcoholic wine means she can enjoy the taste without worrying about the alcohol content. Pass her a glass and join her for a toast!
6. Belly Buds: These amazing little headphones let momma-to-be share her favorite tunes with the baby. Sounds like an early bonding session, doesn’t it?
7. Digitally Painted Ultrasounds: Transform that 2-D ultrasound picture into a digitally painted masterpiece. Nothing like a little art to appreciate the miracle of life, right?
8. Pregnancy Journals: A lot is happening, a lot is changing, and a lot needs to be remembered.
9. Designer Maternity Dresses: Remember, she’s not just pregnant; she’s also fabulously fashionable!
10. Comfy Slippers: Swollen feet are no laughing matter; they are a call for stylish, squishy slippers!
11. Expecting You – A Keepsake Pregnancy Journal: This journal is a place to record all the thoughts, feelings, and experiences she’ll have during pregnancy.
12. 3D Sonogram Keepsake Box: Turn those sonogram pictures into adorable keepsakes in a charming box that can be displayed at home.
13. Bump Boxes: Who wouldn’t love a subscription box filled with surprises every month?
14. Organic Bath Bombs: Pampering time? Absolutely! A soothing bath with organic bath bombs would surely do the trick.
15. Lively Subscription: Here is something for all the magazine-loving mamas. A Lively subscription is a perfect treat and a great source of advice for new mothers.
16. Belly Casting Kit: Let’s freeze the moment in time and hang that belly on the wall! The belly casting kit comes with all the instructions to make this a fun, DIY project.
17. Aqua Notes: Pregnancy brain is real, and so is shower inspiration. With Aqua Notes – a waterproof notebook, she’ll never forget her best ideas.
18. Breastfeeding Starter Kit: Some things are better arranged prior to D-day, and this is one of them.
19. Customized Jewelry: A thoughtful piece of jewelry marked with the baby’s birthstone or initials; classy and sentimental!
20. Baby Care Online Courses: Knowledge is power. An online course about baby care would arm her with all the info she needs.
21. Pregnancy Subscription Boxes: These are packed with goodies that will help her pamper herself through the trimesters.
22. Satin Pajama Sets: Comfort has never looked so sexy before – trust me on this.
23. Baby Book: An excellent way for her to pass time while waiting for the little one to arrive.
24. Prenatal Tea Set: Tea, anyone? This caffeine-free tea set is specially designed for the expecting mom.
25. Personalized Engraved Bracelet: Engrave a special message on this gorgeous piece of jewelry to remind her how special she is.
26. Yoga Classes: Prenatal yoga sessions are a wonderful way to keep her relax and peace her mind.
27. Suprise Birth Announcement: Do you want to be an extra cool gift giver? Plan a surprise birth announcement for her!
28. Netflix Subscription: For all the cozy nights in, a Netflix subscription has got to be the ultimate companion.
29. Baby Carriers: Every mom loves a sturdy, cozy baby carrier. Pick the best in the market, she will thank you later!
30. Green Chef Subscription: Have fresh, organic vegetables delivered right to her doorstep. Happy cooking!
31. Pregnancy Travel System: She might be ‘with child’, but it doesn’t mean she is ‘without travel’.
32. Moisturizing Belly Butter: Say goodbye to stretch marks and hello to smooth skin with belly butter.
33. Pregnancy Cookbook: Every craving, every diet plan, all compiled into one delightful, belly-friendly cookbook.
34. Mama Bee’s Bath Oil: For the days when she needs some extra pampering, Mama Bee’s Bath Oil does the trick.
35. Bluetooth Headphones: Because she needs high-quality sounds when she’s binge-watching her favorite TV shows or grooving to her pre-labour playlist.
There you have it, folks. 35 birthday gift ideas for the pregnant woman in your life. No more lost looks in the baby section of your local supermarket or the maternal section of your favorite online store. Happy shopping and even happier birthday wishes to the mama-to-be!