Have you ever caught yourself meandering through the liquor store, eyes darting between rum bottles, at a loss about which one to gift your rum-loving friend? Or maybe you find yourself looking at a vast sea of merchandise for these same rum aficionados, scratching your head at the confusing jumble? Well, fear not, friend. Your dilemma ends here. As a seasoned rum enthusiast and general gift-giving connoisseur (I mean, who isn’t?), I’ve done the heavy lifting and come up with the perfect blend of 35 gift ideas for rum drinkers that can pleasantly surprise even Captain Jack Sparrow! So strap in, because we’re about to set sail.
In this spirited journey (see what I did there?), we’ll dive into a variety of gifts ranging from the rum itself to the drinking accessories that will take that sunset party, your friend’s cool persona or your dad’s bar from “meh” to “Yarrr!” From bottles that have more years on them than a prized sea turtle to a soap that’d get a pirate out of his boots, we’ve thought of everything!
And while we may have set our heading straight for gift ideas, we’ll also keep the wind on our sense of humor and make a few landfalls on Memory Island because hey, all good tales need a few detouring yarns, right? So grab your compass, pull out your treasure maps, and let’s get this gifting guide underway, matey!
1. Ron del Barrilito 3 Star Rum: This rum, straight from the heart of Puerto Rico, is the equivalent of a time capsule in a bottle, with not just the rum but also the bottle design being authentic for over 140 years. Downside? It may turn your buddy into a serious rum connoisseur overnight.
2. Rum Runner Flasks: With these handy flasks, your friend can sneak their favorite rum onto any cruise. Just pray they don’t get caught and bust the both of you out of maritime jail.
3. Yeti Rambler 10 oz Tumbler: Perfect for the friend who likes their rum cold and their style quotient high. This double-wall insulated tumbler comes with a magnetic lid, great for safe sipping and avoiding spillages.
4. Sea Stones on the Rocks Set: Designed to chill drinks without watering them down. They come harvested from beach stones and are perfect for an interactive and eco-friendly rum experience.
5. Rum Soaked Cigars: Perfect for the old-school rum lover who loves a pairing with a nice cigar. Watch out, though- the flavor blast may render them speechless.
6. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum: Made in the style of Navy rum, it’s a smooth delight and an absolute must-have for every rum lover. It combines bold flavors with a warm finish that’s like a seafarer’s hug.
7. Sipping Rum Glass by Glencairn: Ideal for those who like to take their time and enjoy their rum. The glass amplifies the aroma and brings out the full flavor of the rum. A word of caution though, it may lead to lengthy discourses about rum subtleties.
8. Rum Tasting Journal: If your rum-loving friend is also a prolific note-taker, then this journal is gold! Don’t blame me if they become the rum equivalent of a bird watcher, though.
9. Pirate Bottle Opener: It’s functional, funny, and themed. Ahoy, a rum drinker’s dream!
10. Rum Cocktail Mixers Set: For that friend who loves mixing their rum. Dragon fruit punch concoction, anyone?
11. Rum Doormat: A fun novelty gift for the friend who likes to announce their love for rum right at their doorstep. Makes for an interesting conversation starter or a deterrent for possible teetotaler visitors
12. Cuban Crafters Perfecto Cigar Cutter: A perfect accompaniment to those rum-soaked cigars, this cutter is designed for precision and user-friendly operation.
13. Rum Scented Candle: Who wouldn’t want their place to smell like a Caribbean distillery? This candle promises just that.
14. Personalized Rum Barrel: Great for the friend who likes to age their own rum. Plus points for the option to engrave their name on the old school barrel.
15. The Bitter Truth Cocktail Bitters Bar Pack: Can kickstart even the humblest homemade rum cocktail into extraordinary territory. But be warned- your friend might start referring to their living room as “the bar”.
And, that’s all she wrote for part one, folks, but there’s 20 more to go, stick around for Part Two where we’ll be exploring gifts from old pirate recipes to rum-infused chocolates!
To be continued…