Greetings, magnificent gift-giver! We know the deal, your sister-in-law is expecting a baby and her birthday is just around the corner. You’ve got two occasions to celebrate and you want to make sure your gift is thoughtful, useful, and most importantly, fun. After all, pregnancy might be miraculous, but it’s not all glowing skin and adorable baby kicks; there’s also the swollen ankles, never-ending bathroom trips, and random cravings. So why not make your gift a welcome respite from all those pregnancy woes?
Pregnancy is a challenge and a joy, a whirlwind of baby books and late-night worries. It’s a time of tenderness, anticipation, of metamorphosis. This isn’t just another birthday — it’s the last one she’ll have before the little one arrives and everything changes. So, you have a mission: to make this the best, most memorable birthday EVER.
Now you’re here, scrolling through countless websites and still stumped on what to buy. Fear not, my friend. We’re here to navigate through the turbulent waters of gift-giving together with this comprehensive, heart-warming, and refreshingly honest guide. Here’s our list of 35 unique birthday gift ideas for your pregnant sister in law.
1. Belly Buds Pregnancy Speakers: This cool device lets the unborn baby listen to music and sounds from mom and dad. It might not convert the baby into a Mozart prodigy, but it’s a sweet and unique gift that promotes bonding.
2. Pregnancy Pillow: Give the gift of comfort and sleep, something pregnant women often lack. Though it takes up half the bed, its worth it for a good night’s sleep.
3. Nursing Gown: This is the Victoria’s Secret version of maternity wear. It’s fashionable, soft, and ensures your sister in law is feeling gorgeous even when changing nappies.
4. Prenatal Massage Gift Certificate: Pregnancy can be hard on the body. This would be a little piece of heaven for her aching back and swollen feet. It’s great as long as she’s okay with strangers touching her.
5. Hand-Painted Maternity Denim Jacket: It’s chic, trendy and adds an artistic spin to the maternity wardrobe. Bonus points if you paint it yourself!
6. Pregnancy Progression Photo Frame: It’s like a school yearbook but for her belly. It’s a lovely gift that fills up as the baby grows.
7. Stretch Marks Prevention Cream: Saving grace for the tummy, hips, thighs, and bust. Because if you can’t moisturize your stretching skin with a luxe cream when you’re pregnant, then when can you?
8. Baby Handprint and Footprint Photo Frame: Just add baby! It’s a tantalizing reminder of who’s coming soon.
9. NutriBullet Blender: This is perfect for the mornings where the only thing she can stomach is a smoothie going down.
10. Mama Bear Necklace: For when she’s starting to embrace the mommy status. It’s stylish and endearing, just be careful you don’t awaken the real mama bear!
11. Mocktail Recipe Book: Because she too deserves an elaborate drink, minus the alcohol. This book would serve mocktail inspiration on a platter.
12. Instax Mini Camera: An adorable, quirky little thing that spits out instant memories. It’s reminiscent of the ’90s and will be fun to use when the baby arrives.
13. Cosabella Maternity Pajama Set: This Italian lingerie brand deals in comfort, and that’s what you’re gifting. Look for cozy cashmere sets.
14. Blooming Bath Lotus: This soft, plush flower is perfect for when baby takes that first little dip in the bathtub. So cute, you might wish they made these for adults.
15. Gift Subscription to Audible: Books are great, but new moms often don’t have a free hand. So, the world’s biggest library will come to her!
16. Instant Pot: Everyone adores these multi-purpose pots. It’ll be handy for post-birth when she’s too tired to cook from scratch.
17. La Vie Massaging Heat Pads: Milk production is not all honey and roses. These pads are specifically for breast pain and will come in handy.
18. Rosie Pope Maternity Wear: This designer brand screams style, trend and a ‘I’m pregnant, not frumpy’ attitude.
19. Foldable Baby Changing Table: Perfect for those diaper emergencies. It’s compact, stylish, and a constant reminder that poo is in the near future.
20. MantraBand ‘Mommy’ Cuff: A classy piece of jewellery with a sweet reminder of her new role.
21. Pregnancy Subscription Box: Snacks, maternity fashion, beauty products – it’s the gift that keeps giving every month!
22. Maternity Belt: This gift provides relief by physically supporting the excess pregnancy weight. It might seem medical, but it will be appreciated.
23. Infant Optics Video Baby Monitor: Peace of mind in technology form. Now she can watch her baby from any corner of the house.
24. Pink Stork Total Prenatal Vitamins: Because the health of mother and baby is priority.
25. Fitness and Exercise Ball: She can use this for exercise during pregnancy and later to soothe the baby.
26. Noise Cancelling Headphones: Sometimes you just need to block out the world (or your unborn baby’s hiccups… and your husband’s nagging!).
27. Prenatal Yoga Classes: Great for relaxation and keeping her body fit and ready for the big day.
28. Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow: It’s like getting hugged to sleep by a giant marshmallow. Though it’s as big as a python, she will love it!
29. Etsy Gift Card: Enables her to choose something special herself.
30. Leachco All Nighter – Total Body Pregnancy Pillow: Yes, it’s another pregnancy pillow, but this one is shaped differently and covers different needs.
31. Luxe Silk Robe: Who wouldn’t love a posh bathrobe? This one’s got a maternity cut, too.
32. Humidifier/Essential Oil Diffuser: Helps with that dry skin and eases congestion often experienced during pregnancy.
33. Kindle Paperwhite: Because she can’t trip over a book when she’s carrying it in an E-reader.
34. Alex and Ani ‘Mother to Be’ Bangle: A delicate and elegant piece of jewelry to celebrate her newfound status.
35. Leather Journal: A place for writing down her thoughts, experiences, and dreams.
Phew! We’re finally through. Each gift is specially selected to brighten your sister-in-law’s pregnancy journey. Try combining a couple of them to curate a perfect birthday gift basket. Trust me, she’s going to enjoy this birthday. Happy shopping!