Date published: Saturday 31st October 2020 11:08
Real Madrid attacking midfielder Isco is said to be open to a move to Everton in the January transfer window after being told he has no future at the Bernabeu.
The Spaniard has been at Real since 2013, making 312 appearances, scoring 51 goals and winning 16 trophies.
However, he has fallen out of favour under Zinedine Zidane and has been deemed surplus to requirements by the Frenchman.
He has made just five appearances this season with three of those coming from the substitutes bench. Therefore, the La Liga giants are understood to be looking to offload him in the winter transfer window.
A report in the Mirror, cited in the Daily Mail, claims that ‘Los Blancos’ will look to loan him until the end of the 2020/21 campaign with an obligation to buy next summer.
It adds his new club will also have to pay his full wages during the loan period. However, the transfer fee they will ask for is just £18million before add-ons.
Rodriguez a huge pull
The Mirror’s story also states that the opportunity to play alongside James Rodriguez again is tempting to Isco.
The pair played together in the Spanish capital in four separate seasons spread across six years. Rodriguez also spent two years on loan with Bayern Munich in that time.
And he would reportedly ‘love’ to link up with him once again at Goodison, putting the Toffees in a strong position to sign him if they decide to make a swoop.
What’s more, Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has of course worked with Isco previously. The Italian spent two years as his boss in Madrid between 2013 and 2015.
The now 28-year-old played 106 games in that time, netting 17 goals. Ancelotti also brought him on from the bench in the 2014 Champions League final as Madrid were crowned kings of Europe for a tenth time.