Date published: Tuesday 3rd November 2020 12:49
Chelsea have no interest in signing Paulo Dybala amid claims a parting of ways with Juventus is on the cards.
The 26-year-old has fallen out of favour under new Juve boss Andrea Pirlo and could be sold next summer.
Dybala could have quit Turin back in 2019, when both Tottenham and Manchester United chased his signature, but he opted to stay put.
But with Juve looking to launch a huge bid for Kylian Mbappe next summer, they are preparing to get some top players off their books.
Douglas Costa, Daniele Rugani, Blaise Matuidi and Mattia De Sciglio have already been moved on, either on loan or permanently.
Indeed, reports last month claimed a move to Chelsea was on the cards after Juve’s failure to offer Dybala a new deal.
It was even suggested his agent was contacting potential suitors over a move, with Chelsea among his top picks.
However, Calciomercato claim, that while Dybala could well move on, a move to Chelsea appears unlikely.
The Italian outlet that Roman Abramovich is no longer interested in acquiring any more attack-minded players. Furthermore, it’s claimed the Blues chief wants to ‘protect’ Hakim Ziyech and Kai Havertz and ensure they are given maximum chance to prove themselves.
Chelsea spent close to £100m on the pair this summer and Abramovich is said to be huge fans of the pair. In addition, it’s felt the arrival of Dybala could possibly stunt their development at Stamford Bridge.
They write: ‘The Chelsea owner wants to save his new stars – and is very excited about them. Therefore, his side are not courting the Juve star’.
Subscribe to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…
Dybala struggling for games
Dybala notched 17 goals and 14 assists in all competitions last season, but this campaign has been a struggle.
After the arrival of Pirlo, the forward was told he was not in the Juve legend’s plans.
But after a summer move failed to materialise, Dybala has made just four appearances so far this season.
The forward, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, only has two years to run on his current contract.
READ MORE: Chelsea keeper Cech explains £22m man ‘was the best on the list’