We’ve all been there. Someone’s birthday, a holiday, a special occasion is approaching and you’re fraught with worry. Why, you ask? The recipient is a nightmare to buy for. The phrase, “Oh, no need for a gift! I don’t want anything,” sends shivers down your spine. Welcome, my fellow gifting gurus, to the toughest challenge – finding that perfect surprise for folks who insist they don’t need one. If you’re sitting and fretting, panic not, help is at hand! Sit back, relax, and enjoy this veritable smorgasbord of possible presents, a gift guide featuring 35 unique attractions, specially curated for the “I don’t need a thing” crowd.
Embarking on this journey, you would come across gift ideas as spectacular as your loved one’s vague desires. Evergreen favorites, novelty items, experiences to cherish – it’s an array of options so wonderful, that even the most elusive gift receivers will succumb to their charm. Will there be flops? Perhaps. Will there be winners? Undoubtedly. Can you return them? In most cases – absolutely.
Without further ado, these offerings of love represent the clout and punch of popular culture, the nostalgia of our past, and novel prospects for our future. They’re humorous, practical, extravagant, simple, and just around the corner, waiting to turn shrugged shoulders into surprised gasps. Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of gift-giving – buckle up!
1. AncestryDNA: Who needs another pair of socks when you can give the gift of discovering family history and lineage?
2. MasterClass Subscription: Let famed experts teach your gift receiver how to cook, write, sing, or even skateboard. Just don’t hold me accountable if they join a circus afterward.
3. Yoga Class Membership: An excellent way to subtly suggest they need to relax more. Plus, quarantine pounds won’t lose themselves.
4. Book of the Month Club: For those who love surprises and reading – but let’s admit, there’s no guarantee they won’t shelve it.
5. Quip Electric Toothbrush: Because who doesn’t need a stylish, effective toothbrush that’ll make them feel like they’re in a futuristic movie?
6. SMEG 50’s Retro Style Toaster: Pitfall – they might spend the whole morning toasting, re-toasting and Instagramming crumbs.
7. Penguin Classics Library Set: 52 classic books to spruce up their reading and elevate their home décor game! Now, the downside – will they read or serve latte on them remains unsure.
8. Magazine Subscription: From ‘People’ to ‘The New Yorker’, satiate their thirst for gossips and knowledge, respectively.
9. Tile Mate & Slim – Key/Wallet/Item Finder: For those who constantly lose their keys, wallet or mind. Just kidding about the last one.
10. NutriBullet Blender: Health made tasty! We can’t promise they won’t blend a cheeseburger, though.
11. Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) Smart Speaker: Give them the gift of Alexa – a virtual assistant who never answers back. Amazon returns are a tad tedious, however.
12. Polaroid Now i-Type Instant Camera: A nostalgia trip that also serves as a great party conversation starter. You might just see their food snapshots every day, so consider yourself warned.
13. Weighted Blanket: Because we all fancy the comforting feel of being hugged by a blanket. It’s just a tad hefty to lug around!
14. Subscription to Audible: For those who would rather hear books than read them. Yes, the book snoozers!
15. 101 Movies Scratch Off Poster: Unsure if they’ll manage to scratch them all off, or the poster will end up behind a couch.
16. Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Cookware: A beautiful beast, but it’s so heavy, it’s a two-person job to drain the pasta.
17. Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness Tracker: Healthy life in a wristband. Do ensure they would appreciate the nudge towards a healthier life.
18. Blue Apron Subscription: “Sorry, I can’t go out; I’m cooking haute cuisine today.” – a fantastic bragging right, until they serve scrambled eggs as cordon bleu.
19. Lush Bath Bombs: You’re gifting them an amazing bath experience while creating a clean-up task for them.
20. TOMS Shoes: Comfortable, stylish, and philanthropic. But shoe sizes…Aren’t they like the Da Vinci Code?
21. Kindle Paperwhite: For those who love reading but don’t like paper. Eco-warrior or just gadget geek?
22. Jigsaw Puzzles: Hours of fun and frustration. But hey, aren’t all good things like that?
23. AirPods Pro: Sure, they might spend an hour finding the case in the couch cushions, but hey, that’s exercise, right?
24. Nintendo Switch: A pure delight, until you lose the Mario Kart championship, then it’s a relationship breaker.
25. Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug: The only downside? It makes other mugs feel inferior.
26. Craft Beer Subscription: Plethora of beers month after month. Don’t blame me for their newly gained beer belly, though.
27. Sonos One Smart Speaker: An exceptional sound experience which could cause neighborly conflicts.
28. Bonsai Tree Kit: A beautiful yet demanding plant. Yes, they might blame you for the bonsai’s death!
29. Amazon Prime Subscription: Honestly, who doesn’t want fast shipping and binge-worth TV shows? The tricky part – they might already have it.
30. Uber Gift Card: Taxi?! No, thanks. This could feel impersonal, though.
31. Yeti Cooler: A summer necessity that may cause some confusion if gifted in winter.
32. 23andMe Health and Ancestry Test: A journey to their roots coated in spit – quite a gift, huh?
33. Herschel Travel Backpack: Practicality and style in a bag. However, it might encourage their wanderlust ideas.
34. Echo Show: Excellent for video chats! Downside, there’s no where to run when your mother-in-law pops up on the screen unannounced.
35. IKEA Gift Card: The gift of choice! Hot dogs at the checkout are a definite bonus. A pitfall – getting them out of the store.
Whether they’re adventurers, homebodies, busy bees or couch dwellers, this list has something for everyone! So next time you hear, “Ah, I don’t want anything,” remember our gift guide. We promise, a smile or a giggle will follow soon after!