We all know that giving gifts can be a bit of a minefield. Walk into any store around the holidays and you’re practically bombarded with signs shouting “perfect gift for him!” But let me tell you something friends, not every gift is created equal. Just because it’s wrapped up in shiny paper and topped with a bow, doesn’t mean it’s going to make the recipient’s day. In fact, some purported “perfect gifts” are downright inappropriate for a whole variety of reasons.
From comically distasteful to painfully insulting, the world of inappropriate gifts is as broad and diverse as it is toe-curlingly awkward. And you might be thinking to yourself, “Why would I ever want to give an inappropriate gift to a guy?” Well, it all depends on context, doesn’t it? Maybe you’re looking to prank your best friend. Perhaps you’re on a mission to shake up a white elephant gift exchange at work. Or, maybe you just have an odd sense of humor paired with a high tolerance for awkwardness.
Whatever your reason might be, we’ve pulled together an epic list of 35 inappropriate gifts for him that are so unquestionably unique you’d be hard-pressed not to get a reaction. Though, we can’t promise it’ll be a positive one. So take a look, have a laugh, and… proceed with caution!
1. Bacon Flavored Toothpaste: Ah, the sweet and salty tang of bacon, now available to freshen your breath! Sounds great, right? Maybe not for the vegan boyfriend.
2. Toilet Mug: Novelty at its finest. Sometimes a good laugh in the morning can make your day, but maybe a coffee mug shaped like a toilet is taking it a step too far.
3. Bob Ross Chia Pet: The joy of painting meets the joy of…planting? A unique mix of 80s nostalgia and peculiar home decor, this one is for the guy who already has everything.
4. Crazy Boxer Briefs: Take your pick from “emoji” to “South Park” themed, these won’t fail to raise a few eyebrows—and probably some questions about his maturity.
5. Trump’s Tweets Coffee Table Book: Do we need a book of these in our lives? The answer may vary depending on his political stance!
6. Mini Desk Vacuum Cleaner: A funny reminder for the coworker who eats lunch at their desk. Or should I say subtle hint?
7. Fifty Shades of Chicken Parody Cookbook: Cooking should be fun, not uncomfortably suggestive, right?
8. Prank Pack Bathe & Brew: A gag box that advertises a coffee maker-showerhead combo. It’s a prank, but would it be viewed as funny or cruel?
9. Inflatable T-Rex Costume: It may make for a hilarious Halloween costume, but wearing it anywhere else might get him a few more weird looks than compliments.
10. Farting Alarm Clock: A tootin’ good time for any guy with a truly strange sense of humor.
11. Fake Lottery Tickets: Hilarious as a prank, but heartbreaking when he realizes he isn’t a millionaire after all.
12. “How to Traumatize Your Children” Book: Heavy on the sarcasm, heavy on the questionable parenting advice.
13. Buried Treasure Sand Boxers: An inappropriate choice for the more conservative, it shows a sand landscape and a metal detector over the crotch.
14. Potty Putter Toilet Time Golf Game: Is this multi-tasking or just plain gross? It’s a fine line, folks.
15. Nature’s D*ck Pics 2021 Calendar: Talk about natural beauty! For the guy who isn’t shy about appreciating anatomy-themed humor.
16. Flatulence Underwear: A gas-absorbing gift that might save some noses, but perhaps at the cost of his dignity.
17. Pickle Flavored Candy Canes: More nauseating than nostalgic—talk about a unique taste celebrating the holiday season!
18. Toilet Seat Projector: Who needs stars on the ceiling when they can have a lit-up toilet bowl?
19. Nicolas Cage Magic Sequin Pillow: When you swipe it, the design changes to a shirtless Nic Cage. A real star-studded surprise!
20. Men’s Belly Fanny Pack: This waist bag brings a whole new meaning to ‘beer belly’. Not recommended for gym lovers!
21. Moon Dust Tequila: Boasting dust from a real meteorite, this gift lands between awesome and bizarre.
22. Hairbrush Flask: If haircare and alcohol consumption habits need to be combined, there’s a problem.
23. Bigfoot Air Freshener: They say he smells like pine forests…or is that just his cologne?
24. Chicken Harness and Leash: Only the best for pet chickens, but might ruffle feathers if he doesn’t own a chicken.
25. Banana Phone: Remind him of the iconic Raffi song with a wireless handset to make calls. However, would that fruit phone even count to his 5-a-day?
26. Toilet Timer: Sometimes, one needs to assert control over bathroom time. It’s hard to say if it’s thoughtful or insulting.
27. Trump Scented Candle: Oh, come on! Politics and aromatherapy shouldn’t mix.
28. Grow a Girlfriend Kit: Good for a gag, but it might highlight a few relationship issues if received poorly.
29. Shower Beer Holder: Should the shower be used purely for cleaning, or can it double as a wet bar?
30. Uranium Ore: This may sound extraordinary, but buying radioactive substance might not be on his wishlist.
31. Fish Flip Flops: Grossly realistic fish sandals – a fishing enthusiast’s dream or nightmare?
32. Beer belly Exercise Jumping Rope: Is it perhaps a too-direct hint for your beer-loving friend?
33. Shock Taser Pen: A funny prank, until electrocution is involved… then it’s just shocking!
34. Road Rage Megaphone: Who thought encouraging road rage was a good idea? Not for the easily irritated driver.
35. Taxidermy Mouse Pencil Sharpener: An odd mix of functional and just flat-out strange. This makes a statement…though I’m not sure what that statement is.
So there you have it – a smorgasbord of inappropriate gifts for him that are sure to raise eyebrows and cause a stir. But remember, friends: before you start adding these bad boys to your Amazon cart, make sure your recipient has a sense of humor that can handle the heat!