So, you have someone in your life who is impossible to shop for – we’ve all been there. The struggle is real when you’re trying to find a perfect gift for the person who just doesn’t seem to like anything. Maybe they’re super picky, have everything they could ever want or need, or simply never seem genuinely pleased by any material things. Whatever the case, we’ve curated a humorous, somewhat professional, and relatable guide to help ease your festive headaches. The following list of 35 unique gift options should have something for even the most hard-to-please person on your list this holiday season.
Ever heard of that quote, “The best gifts are tied with heartstrings, not ribbon”? Well, that’s our guiding principle here. We believe that meaningful, unusual, or functional gifts are best for those picky recipients who want for nothing. These unique gifts are perfect for channelling those “you didn’t have to, but I’m so glad you did” vibes.
While we can’t guarantee the recipient will suddenly break out in tears of joy, we can confidently say that they’ll be hard-pressed to hide a smile, even if only for a moment. Remember, it’s not just about the content of the box, it’s about the thought and effort you’ve put into finding a gift that they’d never think to get for themselves but will absolutely put to good use.
1. Unclaimed Baggage: It’s a shopping spree, but with a twist. Buying your friend an unclaimed baggage is like gifting them a treasure hunt, where they’re certain to find at least one thing they like.
2. Emergency Clown Nose: Is it practical? Not likely. But it sure is funny, and could be a conversation piece at their next dreaded social event.
3. AeroGarden: For the reluctant green thumb, this hydroponic indoor garden enables them to grow fresh herbs and veggies without dirt or mess.
4. Personalized Socks with Their Face: Nothing says “I thought of you” like wearing their face on your feet.
5. A Donation to Their Favorite Charity: This is a thoughtful and generous way to honor their preferences while doing good.
6. Bathtub Wine Glass Holder: Because why shouldn’t they enjoy a glass of wine while taking a relaxing bath?
7. Netflix Subscription: When in doubt, gift the gift of unlimited binge-watching.
8. The New Yorker Subscription: Give them a year’s worth of culture, critique and cartoons that will surely elicit some response!
9. Cooking Classes: For your unenthusiastic cooking friend. They might not like it, but they’ll sure appreciate a hot, home-cooked meal!
10. Audible Membership: Even if they’re not big on reading, who can resist the dulcet tones of Barack Obama reading his new memoir?
11. DNA Ancestry Test: They might be indifferent towards you, but surely they’d be interested in uncovering their familial mysteries.
12. Weighted Blanket: This trendy item is perfect for those who seem to dislike everything – apart from a good night’s sleep!
13. Yoga Mat: They’ll roll their eyes at first, but wait till they discover the relaxing wonders of yoga!
14. Travel Scratch Map: Even if they hate travelling, scratching off their home state will surely provide a bit of satisfaction.
15. World’s Smallest Vacuum: Because who wouldn’t chuckle at this mini gadget that actually does its job?
16. Coffee Subscription: Nothing says I care about you like “I thought you could use more caffeine.”
17. The Art of Doing Nothing Book: This book can be a humorous nod to their apparent disinterest in, well, everything.
18. StoryWorth: This gift gets your loved one to share stories through thought-provoking questions, creating a bound book at the end of the year.
19. Exotic Jerky Bouquet: Step aside traditional flower bouquets! This unconventional offering is delightfully weird and tasty.
20. HidrateSpark Smart Water Bottle: This smart bottle syncs with their phone and glows as a reminder to stay hydrated.
21. Hydro Flask: If they don’t have one yet, this practical gift will be appreciated – who dislikes staying hydrated?
22. Home Cleaning Service: Even the most stubborn of recipients can appreciate a clean home that they didn’t have to clean themselves.
23. Air Fryer: They won’t know they needed it until they’ve tasted those crispy, guilt-free French fries!
24. NASA Earth Puzzle: With this intricate 1000-piece puzzle, at least we can guarantee they don’t hate puzzles more than they hate space.
25. Diamond Dazzle Stik: It’s not a piece of pricey jewelry, but the gift of a sparkling clean ring? Priceless.
26. Telescope: Maybe they’ll find something they actually like… up in the stars!
27. Inflatable Lounger: Even if they claim to hate Mother Nature, a nap in this comfortable lounger might just change their mind.
28. Firstleaf Wine Subscription: The gift of wine – need we say more?
29. Singing Bowl: No, it doesn’t belt out pop hits! This instrument, however, creates soothing sounds to aid meditation and healing.
30. Tile Mate: For the person who can’t find what they like, make sure they can at least find their keys!
31. Boston Cocktail Shaker Set: They may not enjoy the cocktail-making process, but they’ll sure love the end product!
32. Cinema Light Box: They can spell out exactly how much they dislike everything!
33. 1000+ Piece Jigsaw Puzzles: You’ve heard of busy hands are happy hands – and this can keep their hands busy for days.
34. Portable Projector: If they can’t find anything they like, let them stream an infinite number of movies onto their ceiling!
35. Cheese of the Month Club: When all else fails, cheese never disappoints.
Remember, gift-giving is not just about finding the perfect item. It’s about showing that you care about the person, which can be a gift in itself. If the gift is received with less-than-enthusiastic joy, remember, it’s the thought that counts, and you absolutely nailed it for effort!